Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bashar_f
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

A Chart to Count Dynamic Values

Hi,

Depending on which range you select, the salary list box is populated with the salaries that fall in that range, and the ranges are inputted by the user in the input box on the right.

What I'd like is to have a bar chart that shows each range as dimensions and the count of salaries that show up in the salary list box as a measure for that range.

for example:

the Y-Axis for "Range 1 Start - Range 1 End" should be 2, not 8, because if you select "Range 1 Start - Range 1 End" in the range list box, 2 values show up in the "Salary" list box to its right, but no, it just counts all the salaries regardless of them being in the range or not.

If its still not clear, I'll explain in more detail, sorry, I'm still a beginner.

Attached is my solution.

Best Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

A little unclear what you are trying to achieve and there are probably better alternatives (see Gysbert's referenced links), but playing around with your approach, maybe something like attached?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want to work with equally sized intervals then have a look at this blog post: Recipe for a Histogram‌.

For differently sized intervals perhaps one of these helps:

Users can map/group dimensions at run-time!

True Dynamic Bucketing in QlikView – Infinity Insight Blog

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
swuehl
MVP
MVP

A little unclear what you are trying to achieve and there are probably better alternatives (see Gysbert's referenced links), but playing around with your approach, maybe something like attached?

bashar_f
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Swuehl,

Thank you so much,

This is great, seems like exactly what I need. One question though, the last value on the right is blank and is showing all 8 salaries, is it possible to hide this bar?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I thought I had already updated the sample file - enable 'Suppress when value is NULL' in dimension tab.