Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III

A problem with Qlikview settings

Dear Qlikview  users,

I have a problem with "Qlikview user preference settings": my scripts code appear in plain text mode (all in black), but when I copy them (the scripts)  to WordPad I get the instructions in blue and the comments in green and so on and that's what I want.

Could you, please, point me to the selections I have to do to get back Qlikview default script editor values (to get the script with colors).

Note: I cliked many times "set default values" in the user preference tab but no result showed up.

Kind regards,

Abdallah

2 Replies
sacosta5
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Abdallah,

in user preferences select the tipe of text you want to change (e.g. "Comments") and "set default values".

Configuración de texto.jpg

absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Silvia,

Thank you for responding.

I don't want to change the default settings but what happened is that my Qlikview crashed so I chaged many settings in "help --> About Qlikview --> I cliked the Qlikview Icon by the right button of the mouse --> I changed many settings there" this is because I was hopping to be able to open my corrupted project (Qlikview project), but now I repeated the work and my problem now is to get the colors settings  of the script editor because that helps me to find errors in the code.

When I copy the contents of my script to Wordpad for example. I get my script in colors.

I think the problem is in a settings file. 

Also I would like to add that I am not able to open the Qlikview icon in the "help" "about qlikview" menu.

Thank you for your help,

Kind Regards,

Abdallah