Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djaykumar
Contributor
Contributor

Access Null data Values in qlikview

Hi All,

I am struggling with null data set to display USER by using Session Access in qlikview

I am using NTName for USER to display Qlikview reports. I am succeeded to display all the required fields to the USER.

But lastly I am not able to give access for the USER as well as Admin for NULL Values. For example, I have

Dept               Value

HR                   200

Finance        400

Accounts      600

in the above data I am able to give access for the USER and ADMIN having Depts HR,Finance and Accounts.

But NULL Dept is not displaying .

I have used *,-, (space). But not getting NULL Values.

Please help me in this

Thanks in Advance

Jay

Labels (1)
2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In Qlik's associative model, nulls cannot associate, so you won't be able to associate the section access table to a null valued department. I suggest that you modify your load to ensure that the field associated with the section access table contains no nulls, or use the variable NullAsValue to set the nulls to a value (eg, 'NULL', or and empty string).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

So the key thing here is if you have a reduction field in your Section Access load?  If so, if you want everyone to see everything, the reduction field would need to be 'blank' for the user you want to be able to see all values, as I believe that should also pick up the 'null' one at that point, but I am not certain of it.  

Here is the Help link to Section Access as well, this may help too:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Security.htm

What we generally recommend is the service account has reduction field values of 'blank' that way it will always load and see all data, but if Strict Exclusion is enabled in the Opening tab of the Document Properties, that will result in the app not opening via QlikView Server for the service account, just FYI, as everyone is a USER when they open via the server, you are only an ADMIN when using Desktop Client, just FYI, a fact a lot of people miss.  Hope this helps.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.