Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access Point Timeout Settings

Does anyone know how to change the timeout settings for a QVW on AccessPoint?  I looked at the server settings in the Management Console and the default was 120 minutes but it seems to be timing out closer to 10 minutes.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Rice
Support
Support

QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Servers > server > Performance

Under "Sessions" you can set the Maximum Inactive Session Time, Possible Session Timeout, and Maximum Total Session Time.

Maximum Inactive Session Time

User sessions, which have had no activity during a specified time limit, can be configured to be closed by the QVS. To set the session timeout, enter a suitable figure in this text box.

Default value: 1800 seconds (0 is not allowed; empty means no limit).

Possible Session Timeout

User sessions, which have had no activity during a specified time limit, can be configured to be eligible for being closed by the QVS, if needed. To set the session timeout, enter a suitable figure in this text box.

Note! The QlikView Server may close inactive sessions and re-use the slot, if needed for other users.

Maximum Total Session Time

All user sessions, active or not, can be configured to be terminated by the QVS after a specified time limit. To set the session timeout, enter a suitable figure in this text box.

Default value: No limit (0 is not allowed; empty means no limit).

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Chris_Rice
Support
Support

QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Servers > server > Performance

Under "Sessions" you can set the Maximum Inactive Session Time, Possible Session Timeout, and Maximum Total Session Time.

Maximum Inactive Session Time

User sessions, which have had no activity during a specified time limit, can be configured to be closed by the QVS. To set the session timeout, enter a suitable figure in this text box.

Possible Session Timeout

User sessions, which have had no activity during a specified time limit, can be configured to be eligible for being closed by the QVS, if needed. To set the session timeout, enter a suitable figure in this text box.

Note! The QlikView Server may close inactive sessions and re-use the slot, if needed for other users.

Maximum Total Session Time

All user sessions, active or not, can be configured to be terminated by the QVS after a specified time limit. To set the session timeout, enter a suitable figure in this text box.

Default value: No limit (0 is not allowed; empty means no limit).

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In addition to the timeout settings in QEMC, timeouts may be set for individual documents in the Document Properties, Server pane. The more restrictive of the two settings will be used. You may have the 10 minute value set there.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!  I have been hunting around since posting my question this morning and I stumbled across the same settings in the QVWs under Document Settings-->Server.  Do you know which setting takes precedence?

Thanks for your help!!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!  I have been hunting around since posting my question this morning and I stumbled across the same settings in the QVWs under Document Settings-->Server.  Do you know which setting takes precedence?

Thanks for your help!!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help!!

Not applicable
Author

Great! Thank you so much!

Sorry about the multiple posts... I am not sure how that happened

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The smaller value will take precedence.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

In part of your answer, you posted this:

Possible Session Timeout

Does that mean that the QVS might still override all configured settings if it needs resources for other users?

Not applicable
Author

In part of your answer, you posted this:

Possible Session Timeout

Does that mean that the QVS might still override all configured settings if it needs resources for other users?