Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
limingthefirst
Contributor III
Contributor III

Access in webview

Hi All,

I have an issue with user access in webview.

I can open the qvw in desktop, and I can see the qvw when published in QMC, but it back to login frame in webview when I click the qvw.

Below is user Section, and how should I modify it or configure QMC?

ACCESSNTNAMECATEGORYPRODUCT
USERUSER1Aa
USERUSER2Bb
USERUSER3*c
ADMINACCESSPOINTA*
ADMINACCESSPOINTB*
ADMINACCESSPOINT*a
ADMINACCESSPOINT*b
ADMINACCESSPOINT*c

I attached two qvw files:

access.qvw work fine, but it take lot of time and space.

access2.qvw can not be opened in webview.

The NTNAME field format is "ACCOUNT" not "DIRECTORY\ACCOUNT" in my useraccess.xlsx, and working well.

Best Regards

Ming

13 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If you are using Custom Directory try before using USERID and PASSWORD (or only USERID) and make sure that it works. If it does then move to NTNAME.

limingthefirst
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for replying this, I dont have login permissions on weekend, so I cant test the way of USERID and PASSWORD,

but maybe it does not work too, because every user have 8 fields, such as PRODUCT,CATEGORY_L2,CATEGORY_L3,BUYER_CODE etc. So should I make an ReductionKey or complex authorization with below topic?

Basics for complex authorization

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Use section access first without any reduction field and verify that it works as expected and that the username, domain, etc. are passing through just fine.

For the reduction fields yes, I would recommend to create a key in the section access which links to another table in the data model and resolves such key. Start with a simple user, one with access to only one of the values in those fields, make sure it works and keep adding more complex users.

Note that what section access does roughly speaking is what you can do in the Desktop using menu File > Reduce Data > Keep Possible Values. So if you add the users table to the script, but without the lines section access / section application, you should be able to select one user and see the required white values for each of the reduction fields this user has assigned.

If you don't, then the reduction table is not working. I would develop this way, instead of enabling section access, until I'm sure all users see what they are expected to see.

limingthefirst
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I get it, thanks for your suggestion, and I will work on it by every steps.