Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Access point Problem with Input Box

Hello Hungers,

I have en-counted 2 issues currently, Can some one assist me here from your valuable time.

1) If i am currently working with Input Box, I want to give one comments over Input. From there, I want to publish the same application in access point. But, Here challenge is - If you opened same application 2 times in access point from same machine it is working and showing the comments. But, When globally (That means, If I am the user and I comment something and If you are opening the same application in different Access point {Other machine} It is not showing and I want to store that cache permanently. And off course, Second user can able to edit that Option) - High Priority

2) Second one, The calendar Icon is not showing in access point (As far i know this is Bug in Qlikview 12 Versions) - Low Priority (Ignore)

Best,

Anil Samineni

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

JFU - I got this from QT Support

sa.png

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Anil,

Not sure about Inputbox changes in AccessPoint, feels like this is only showing for the user who did the changes.

But there is a feature in AccesPoint-->Notes, this could be shared With all users like a bookmark

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Subsystems/Client/Content/Notes_Comments.htm

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Can we Edit using Notes future when other USER login from different Machine?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I'll think that will be possible, no restrictions about machines. Haven´t use it much, but it feel like it fits Your requirement. Try iy out.

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

This video helps, But we need to persist as i stated earlier because If User1 login and give some input and next time User2 login then we need to show the same comment (But, User may access from outside of there Network as well). If you can test that in access point that would be great. Again, Why i am excluding Annotation here is User2 need to provide there own comment either New or Merge comment with User1. Does it make sense?

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

tamilarasu‌ / sjcharles / Team

Can we store these variables in below format? Example attached. First pref. Without Macro or else with Macro ??

Capture.PNG

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Just for update, With macro i achieve this? I am testing with original application using Initial First question. Let's see how this goes.

QT Update - We raise a log case for this issue. They said direct option don't have? That means, We are doing some work around using that?

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Still looking for response

Something like Re: QlikView Commenting with Dynamic Update (no extension needed)

Off course, Your (matthias.dix) help needed here. Will you spend some time with me. In my case, Not Database simply Flat files like CSV.. But When Locally testing, Seems working - But not in Access point (IE)

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

JFU - I got this from QT Support

sa.png