Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access point QV on Server

Hi,

i've a QV Personal Edition on my Server. For access to my server I use an user "x". With this user i create my QV file.

When i access to access point via HTTP with user x (from server) i see all my file,but when i access with my laptop (NO Server) with user "y" (different by x) i don't see my file.

How can I see all file created by user "x" using user "y"? I have to change some setting? If yes, where?

Hope I was clear to explain my problem

Thank a lot

Francesco

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Francesco:

So you just got the server but no publisher.

Do you see user document folder on your server/QMC.

if yes then you need to add this user Y to your qvw in user document folder.

In a server/publisher environment, you will add your users while creating task.

There should be a similar option on the server too.

Please let me know what installation option you have ..only server or server/publisher

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Francesco:

So you just got the server but no publisher.

Do you see user document folder on your server/QMC.

if yes then you need to add this user Y to your qvw in user document folder.

In a server/publisher environment, you will add your users while creating task.

There should be a similar option on the server too.

Please let me know what installation option you have ..only server or server/publisher

Not applicable
Author

Now i'm using the personal edition on the server...i will active server edition very soon.

It's possible to get access to all user (because i don't know who will access on access point) that know the HTTP address of access point?

I want to share some QV file with other people in my company.

Sorry for my english!

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Do you have licensed your server, with any  licence type? Because if you don't have licensed, the QV Server could not publish the model (QVW File) in the web.

If you are licensed, please sfecify if you have or not Publisher and autorization method (DMS or NTFS) and i can help you

Not applicable
Author

sorry but i'm newly in QV and i don't know if i have publisher.
the server is of my boss and i don't know the details.

i change my question. It's possible to set the anonymous login to qvp (or setting user that access to file) in a qlikview document/file?

for login i want to use user/pass of active directory (windows)

thanks and sorry again

Not applicable
Author

You can have access to anonymus user but you need the IAS licence to grant this access, an example of this is the DEMO Accesspoint page, http://demo.qlik.com/qlikview/ if you try open yo don't need any login or credentials, you enter in anonymus mode

Clint_Carr
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Authorisation and Authentication are completely different concepts.

Authentication is the process of users being logged onto the server.
QlikView supports Active Directory authentication (meaning logging on) out of the box (other authentication providers can be used via customisation).

Authorisation is the process of users having the capability to access QlikView documents.

For users to have access (Authorisation) to QlikView documents Windows File System permissions (NTFS) controls this.  If a user has access to the file on the file system then they will see the document in the Access Point.

I don't think a solution is to enable Anonymous (although you can do so via the QlikView Management Console).  This will essentially have all users authenticate as a single user.

Regards,

Clint