Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

AccessPoint Thumbnail (Opening Sheet) Not Updating on Reloads

I created all my Documents to show the Opening Sheet as the Document Thumbnail in AccessPoint. 

However, when I change the Opening Sheet (First Tab), save, and reload the Document in the QMC, AccessPoint is not updating the thumbnail image. When I open the Document in Access Point, the First Tab correctly reflects the changes but the Thumbnail on the AccessPoint never changes.

How can I force AccesPoint to update the Thumbnail image on every reload? I've tried clearing my cache but it doesn't fix the issue. 

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mark Donovan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I found a support case in Partner portal: https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000038326

In QlikView, the time that a Document thumbnail takes to be refreshed in the AccessPoint after a change to the document, differs between version 11.20 and 12.xx tracks.

In the 11.20 track, the update occurred about every 1 minute, but in version 12.xx, it takes 16.6 hours (1000 minutes) for the document thumbnail to be refreshed.

This behavior is due to an optimization to speed up the OpenAccessPoint action: the thumbnails are maintained in the thumbnail cache, and this cache is refreshed, by default, every 16.7 hours (1000 minutes) and immediately upon a restart of the QlikViewServer service.

I'm using QlikView 12.10 SR4 so I restarted the QlikView Server service and voila.

Alberto

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Where these thumbnail images comes from? Have you redirect to same page in accesspoint

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's in the Document Settings. The problem is when the Opening Sheet is changed, the thumbnail image of the Sheet is not updated.  

Settings.jpg

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Where are you updating tha image?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is all automatically being done by the QlikView server. It's built into Accesspoint.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark, have you managed to resolve this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think so. When I changed the "View As:" on the AccessPoint page to view the List of Documents and then switched back to view as Icons, the updated icons appeared. Not sure is it was a server or browser issue but based on my reloads and tests, it appeared to be the server causing the issue.

Thanks,

Mark     

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I found a support case in Partner portal: https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000038326

In QlikView, the time that a Document thumbnail takes to be refreshed in the AccessPoint after a change to the document, differs between version 11.20 and 12.xx tracks.

In the 11.20 track, the update occurred about every 1 minute, but in version 12.xx, it takes 16.6 hours (1000 minutes) for the document thumbnail to be refreshed.

This behavior is due to an optimization to speed up the OpenAccessPoint action: the thumbnails are maintained in the thumbnail cache, and this cache is refreshed, by default, every 16.7 hours (1000 minutes) and immediately upon a restart of the QlikViewServer service.

I'm using QlikView 12.10 SR4 so I restarted the QlikView Server service and voila.

Alberto

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you! That explains it.