Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accesspoint - how to disable

We lock down each report for our users with Section Access (and then restrict certain data within the report).  We then give our users a list of their reports on an intranet page - it is tailored to each user.  The url for each report is like this: http://<server_name>/qvplugin/opendoc.htm?document=<qlikview_document.qvw>.  However I now see (apologies for not noticing it before) that one can see the whole list of QlikView reports via Accesspoint (we are using QlikView 11.2SR7 on Windows 2012R2).  Is there anyway to disable access to AccessPoint?  Or perhaps a better way of hiding these reports?  Many thanks, Stephen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks to QlikView Support for the answer (with some additions by me)

In QMC, the Webserver config, the Web tab, make a note of the Path to the QLIKVIEW folder.  It might be "C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web" for example. In that folder find the index.htm file.

Either edit this file to make it a dummy file, or just comment out the reference to "accesspoint.js".  One way of doing this is:

<!--script type="text/javascript" src="js/accessPoint.js"></script-->

Of course I will need to make sure I keep changing this file each time I upgrade QlikView

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if you have several qvw applications, make sure you have right users in the distribution list with permission to see  that QV application.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Konstantins, no sorry that's not it.  We have multiple reports/applications and create new ones ad hoc and do not want/need to have to continually amend the report list to disable each one when we create one.  We also do not have Publisher, in case this is relevant to the mix.  I really want to be able to disable Accesspoint, but still have access to our reports with the current URLs which we issue, and to add another requirement we also still want to be able to Collaborate.  Many thanks in advance.

dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

hope you'll give section access permissions correctly in each document.

now go to document properties->server and tick following property.

BR,

-dinu1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

look at this doc

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Tharindu, this is helpful.  Yes, most of the important docs do have Section Access setup, but there are just a few, especially those we are testing which do not.

dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

for further if you are using NTname for section access, go through following thread,

Hide documents in access point based on section access

-dinu1

Not applicable
Author

Thanks to QlikView Support for the answer (with some additions by me)

In QMC, the Webserver config, the Web tab, make a note of the Path to the QLIKVIEW folder.  It might be "C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web" for example. In that folder find the index.htm file.

Either edit this file to make it a dummy file, or just comment out the reference to "accesspoint.js".  One way of doing this is:

<!--script type="text/javascript" src="js/accessPoint.js"></script-->

Of course I will need to make sure I keep changing this file each time I upgrade QlikView