Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accumulate for the numerator, but regular for denominator

How can I take the accumulation of one number and divide it by another number that is not accumulated?

Month     Sold     Inventory

Jan          5          10

Feb          4          20

Mar          6          15

April          3          15

So i wand to take the the Acculmated Inventory of of 60and divide it by the the April sold of 3 to get 20

Thanks in Advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, you can add an expression with the formula: Rangesum(Above(Inventory, 0, RowNo())) and then a fourth expression with the formula: Column(3)/Sold.

Regards, Sander

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, you can add an expression with the formula: Rangesum(Above(Inventory, 0, RowNo())) and then a fourth expression with the formula: Column(3)/Sold.

Regards, Sander

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!!! That worked great!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sander/James,

Can i get the complete script for this sample. How do you create a tablebox with the addditional columns for Calculations achieved. Please post the script used for acheiving it(I have only personal edition).

Thanks in Advance

Sri

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, create a straight table (not tablebox) with Month as dim and the others as expressions. Script is nothing more than an inline table.

Test:

LOAD * INLINE [

Month, Sold, Inventory

Jan, 5, 10

Feb, 4, 20

Mar, 6, 15

Apr, 3, 15

];

Regards, Sander

Not applicable
Author

Image.pngThanks Sanders,

One last question, how to remove the first row in the result which is not much useful. Attached the image.

Thanks,

Sri

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, on the expressions tab switch the total mode to no totals for each expression. Regards.