cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III

Accumulation Not working for Calculating other columns

Hello Guys - I have a simple requirement here, But for some reason it is not working..

In a straight table, i have columns  added picks, completed picks, which are regular calculations based on data from tables.

After that i have Begin, added picks cumulative and completed picks cumulative which are same calculations as above but i am giving "full accumulation" for these 3 columns.

And then i have # of Picks which is basically "begin + added picks cumulative - completed picks cumulative".

So when i am doing this # of picks column calculation based on the Full Accumulation columns, I would assume it showing results based on Full accumulation value for that row instead showing result based on the actual value..

Is there any thing i am missing here. or doing anything wrong. Please see the attached sheet for more data.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Rangesum(Above(TOTAL Count({<StatusType={'Begin'}>}TransactionAmt), 0, RowNo(TOTAL)),

Above(TOTAL Count({<StatusType={'Added'}>}TransactionAmt), 0, RowNo(TOTAL)))

-RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Count({<StatusType={'Completed'}>}TransactionAmt), 0, RowNo(TOTAL)))

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

When you use the regular accumulation feature, that is the regular behaviour.

You need to use the Rangesum(Above(yourexpression),0.rowno())) in order to obtain your accumulation value

Please read this explanation: Range Sum

sunny_talwar

I think you would probably need to use RangeSum(Above(...)) instead of Full Accumulation to make this to work. I can't comment more because I don't have the expression or a sample, but this should guide you in the right direction. If you still have trouble, I would suggest providing a sample with your expected output

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Rangesum(Above("Begin"-"Completed Picks Cummulative"+"Added Picks Cummulative"),rowno(),0)

I have tried this but giving 1 as result for all rows.

sunny_talwar

Again I am not 100% sure, but may be this:

RangeSum(Above("Begin"-"Completed Picks Cummulative"+"Added Picks Cummulative", 0, RowNo()))

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Sunny - PFA.. Column D (Desired Result) Column is the answer i am looking for.

HourBegin# of PicksDesired ResultAdded PicksAdded Picks CummulativeCompleted PicksCompleted Picks Cummulative
101331 203203128128
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

What are the expressions for "Begin" and other fields?

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is again giving the same result as not using the accumulation column.

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

=Count({<StatusType={'Begin'}>}TransactionAmt) for Begin

=Count({<StatusType={'Added'}>}TransactionAmt) for added

=Count({<StatusType={'Completed'}>}TransactionAmt) for completed

Same expression but giving "full accumulation" for cumulative columns.

sunny_talwar

What is the expression for # of Picks?