Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sidhu143B
Contributor
Contributor

Accumulation

Hi All,

Im new to qlikview, Want to understand how Accumulation will works, Please help me with the possibilities.

Attachment for your reference.

Thanks

2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

image.png'

In an accumulated chart, each y-value is added to the y-value of the following x-value.  By choosing full accumulation you will get the accumulated sum of all previous values in the expression, by choosing accumulate x steps back you only get the x-latest values added to your value. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

From the Help:

By choosing between the settings in this group, you decide whether the values in the chart should be accumulated or not. In an accumulated chart, each y-value is added to the y-value of the following x-value. In an accumulated bar chart showing the sum of sales per year, e.g. the value of the year 1996 is added to that of the year 1997. If your chart contains several expressions, select the expression which values to be accumulated in the Expressions list. Accumulation is not available for pivot tables. 

No Accumulation 
If this option is selected, the y-values of the selected chart expression will not be accumulated.

Full Accumulation 
If this option is selected, each y-value will accumulate all previous y-values of the expression. See above under Accumulation. Full accumulation does not work for multiple dimensions containing Null or 0 values.

Note:Full accumulation does not work if the chart trellis is enabled.

Accumulate n Steps Back 
By entering a number in the box, you set the number of y-values in the expression to be accumulated. See above under Accumulation.

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Bar_Chart.htm

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.