Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulsingh12
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add Months

Hi,

Is there a way to restrict addmonths from taking previous month.

E.g: addmonths('01-02-2017',-3) should give '01-01-2017' not '01-12-2016'

Regards

7 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

AddMonths(01-FEB-2017,-3) shouldn't give January 1 2017 OR December 1 2016. It should give November 1 2016. You may want to clarify your goal.

rahulsingh12
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yeah Meant that only,

My only concern is it should not give 2016 but if months are going beyond the current month then should give the minimum month i.e. for that year

Regards

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Is this a restriction you are trying to add for some calculation or mentioned above, it would 01/11/2016?

If you want to make sure it does go back a year wou would need something like.

IF(YEAR(ADDMONTHS(DATE,-3)) <> YEAR(ADDYEARS(DATE,-1)), YEAR(ADDMONTHS(DATE,-3)), YEARSTART(DATE))

Mark

Or
MVP
MVP

RangeMax(YearStart(YourDate),AddMonths(YourDate,-3)) should do the trick.

rahulsingh12
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I will never get the min date for the selection here.

I need to get the l3m data here and this will give me max of the date I would need to get the min as well.

Regards,

Rahul

Or
MVP
MVP

You didn't ask for the minimum. You asked for "Three months ago, unless that's last year, in which case January 1st of this year".

rahulsingh12
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried something like this:

sum({<Description={'Actual'},MonthYear={">=$(=vL3MLYMinYear)<=$(=vL3MLYMaxYear)"}>}[Volume(HL)])

where vL3MLYMinYear=

IF(MONTH(DateNew)<=2,DATE(YearStart(AddYears(DATE(DateNew,'DD-MM-YYYY'),-1)),'DD-MM-YYYY'),

IF(MONTH(DateNew)>2,

DATE(RANGEMin(AddYears(DATE(DateNew,'DD-MM-YYYY'),-1),AddYears(AddMonths(DATE(DateNew,'DD-MM-YYYY'),-2),-1)),'DD-MM-YYYY')))

vL3MLYMaxYear=

DATE(RANGEMax(AddYears(DATE(DateNew,'DD-MM-YYYY'),-1),AddYears(AddMonths(DATE(DateNew,'DD-MM-YYYY'),-2),-1)),'DD-MM-YYYY')

But the some of sales comes as 0 in this case.

Regards,