Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imtiazgirach
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add condition

Hi...I'd like to add a condition to a straight table report to exclude data for certain types of journal category but I am not sure how to do this in the expression.

The exclusion condition I need is

(GLSubLedg.JournalCategory) <> 'Budget' AND (GLSubLedg.JournalCategory) <> 'Payments'

I would really appreciate some assistance with this.  Thanks

23 Replies
imtiazgirach
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi...I get data but it also includes lines with the release date.  Please see screenshots

ReleaseDateExpression.jpgReleaseDateExpression2.jpg

imtiazgirach
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Any other suggestions?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It's rather difficult to make guesses from screenshots. Can you post an example document that exhibits this behavior? You can scramble any company data that you don't want to leak on the internet.

The reason for this is probably something with how your set analysis selection is not specific enough to filter out all lines that you don't want to see. And this is highly dependent on your data model, the tables in which the two fields are stored and how those tables are connected. If you cannot upload an example document, try to figure out why exactly QlikView still shows those lines if you make a similar selection in your head.

imtiazgirach
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am using two tables on the report.  One is APINV which has the invoice details and the other one is APHOLDS which has the hold details.  I am using 4 fields from the APHOLDS table on the report.  There is a join between the two tables.

What I have noticed is that where the release date is null then then the other 3 fields from the APHOLDS table are null as well but I would expect data in those fields but where the release date field is not null the other 3 fields are populated with data as well.