Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Hyperlinks to Table Box?

Hello, I have imported a set of data that includes hyperlinks. Is it possible to have those hyperlinks show in my Table Box?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

See Pivot Table Object->Properties->Expressions->Display Options->Representation. Select Link from the list.

IIRC, you can separate a link text from a link url by inserting a tag '<URL>' between the two. For an example, see show Url as a link in QlikView | Qlik Community

And yes indeed, works only for expressions.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Not in a tablebox, but you can do that in Straight table using '<URL>'.

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

AFAIK, qlikview table box object don't have such a feature. as Naga suggestion should work (Table box. straight table, pivot and text box object etc)

Thanks

Deva

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi,

i think you can try it on text box or button actions ,

to show links in your dashboard.

Thanq

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have created so it displays as a pivot. How would I get the links to display? Would I have to go in and edit the code?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

See Pivot Table Object->Properties->Expressions->Display Options->Representation. Select Link from the list.

IIRC, you can separate a link text from a link url by inserting a tag '<URL>' between the two. For an example, see show Url as a link in QlikView | Qlik Community

And yes indeed, works only for expressions.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

EDIT: So I got them to show as the Expressions, but when I change the Representation to links nothing really changes.

To provide clarity the original excel doc that QV is using has these fields as hyperlinks, which is what I would like to keep. So I want it to say "Owner" for example and if they click that it links to an InfoPath form.

That is how the original file works.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It works for me.

Did you follow Alessandro Saccone's instructions in the link I provided?

More info can be easily found in the Qlik On-line help which is pretty good. In Straight Table ‒ QlikView, scroll down to Chart Properties: Expressions > Display Options -> Representation -> Link.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My requirement was a little different than what was in the link but I got it... took longer than it should have for me to get it

=[VALUE1]&<url>'URL'&[VALUE2]&'URL'

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi

refer to the attached sample

Capture.JPG