Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding a thid dimension to a Bar Chart

I am trying to display meeting attendance by year. Meetings can be of type INTERNAL or EXTERNAL.. Currently my dimensions are MeetingYear and MeetingType. I want to add a 3rd dimension which would be the sum of both meeting types. I want to add a third bar to each year which is the sum of the INTERNAL and EXTERNAL meetings.

Thanks for your time,

Travis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If you must have them in the same chart then you could duplicate all the data rows and define them as meeting type 'Total', but I think a better data visualization practice would be to either create 2 separate charts: one with meeting type as a dimension and the other without the meeting type as a dimension the shows the total.  The other option would be a stacked bar chart you can define in the Style tab of the chart properties.

Regards, Karl

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If you must have them in the same chart then you could duplicate all the data rows and define them as meeting type 'Total', but I think a better data visualization practice would be to either create 2 separate charts: one with meeting type as a dimension and the other without the meeting type as a dimension the shows the total.  The other option would be a stacked bar chart you can define in the Style tab of the chart properties.

Regards, Karl

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the quick reply. Your response makes sense and clarified things for me a bit.