Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Not applicable

Adding a thid dimension to a Bar Chart

I am trying to display meeting attendance by year. Meetings can be of type INTERNAL or EXTERNAL.. Currently my dimensions are MeetingYear and MeetingType. I want to add a 3rd dimension which would be the sum of both meeting types. I want to add a third bar to each year which is the sum of the INTERNAL and EXTERNAL meetings.

Thanks for your time,

Travis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Luminary
Luminary

If you must have them in the same chart then you could duplicate all the data rows and define them as meeting type 'Total', but I think a better data visualization practice would be to either create 2 separate charts: one with meeting type as a dimension and the other without the meeting type as a dimension the shows the total.  The other option would be a stacked bar chart you can define in the Style tab of the chart properties.

Regards, Karl

2 Replies
Luminary
Luminary

If you must have them in the same chart then you could duplicate all the data rows and define them as meeting type 'Total', but I think a better data visualization practice would be to either create 2 separate charts: one with meeting type as a dimension and the other without the meeting type as a dimension the shows the total.  The other option would be a stacked bar chart you can define in the Style tab of the chart properties.

Regards, Karl

Not applicable

Thank you for the quick reply. Your response makes sense and clarified things for me a bit.