Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding several excel files and linking them together

Hi

I want to add several excel files as data sources. How do I do that?

I also want to be able to link them with the table ID, so that I can extract data from all the files at the same time. Just by having an ID number from the excel file. How do I do that?

Greatful for some help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

In script window you can add every single file by clicking on tablefile button and select the excel file.

This will autogenerate a script for you.

Now to link two tables you need to give same name to the fields through which you have to link those two tables. Just like below.

Table1:

Load

a,b,c

From abc.xls

Table2:

Load

p, q, r as c

from pqr.xls

Here you are linking Table1 and Table 2 by field name c and r respectively. Thus we renamed one field r to c. So that both the table links to each other.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

In script window you can add every single file by clicking on tablefile button and select the excel file.

This will autogenerate a script for you.

Now to link two tables you need to give same name to the fields through which you have to link those two tables. Just like below.

Table1:

Load

a,b,c

From abc.xls

Table2:

Load

p, q, r as c

from pqr.xls

Here you are linking Table1 and Table 2 by field name c and r respectively. Thus we renamed one field r to c. So that both the table links to each other.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!