Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Additional Sorting within Bar Chart

Hi, I have been trying to get this chart arranged in a certain way - got so far and then I'm stuck!

Any help is appreciated.

I have used the following sort calculation to organise the data in the chart below:

This organises the workmodes into the order required

=Only({1} Match(response_level1,'Focus','Collaborate','Network','Develop'))

I would like to sort the Activities within each Workmode in descending order!

Thanks

Rob

Sort Order.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try something like

= -Match(response_level1,'Focus','Collaborate','Network','Develop') *FieldValueCount('ChartDimension') +rank(sum(Value))

where ChartDimension is the field name you use as dimension in your chart and sum(Value) is the expression you are using.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try something like

= -Match(response_level1,'Focus','Collaborate','Network','Develop') *FieldValueCount('ChartDimension') +rank(sum(Value))

where ChartDimension is the field name you use as dimension in your chart and sum(Value) is the expression you are using.

Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl, that's the answer! - I had to reverse the order of the response level to get the chart to work in the right order.

= -Match(response_level1,'Develop','Network','Collaborate','Focus') *FieldValueCount('percentsplit') +rank(sum(percentsplit))

Just setting the colours to match and it's done.

Thanks

Rob

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ah, yes, I think removing the first minus sign should also correct for the right sorting:

= Match(response_level1,'Focus','Collaborate','Network','Develop')*FieldValueCount('ChartDimension') +rank(sum(Value))

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Yes that did it, good to know.

Thanks

Rob