Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Additional Sorting within Bar Chart

Hi, I have been trying to get this chart arranged in a certain way - got so far and then I'm stuck!

Any help is appreciated.

I have used the following sort calculation to organise the data in the chart below:

This organises the workmodes into the order required

=Only({1} Match(response_level1,'Focus','Collaborate','Network','Develop'))

I would like to sort the Activities within each Workmode in descending order!

Thanks

Rob

Sort Order.png

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Additional Sorting within Bar Chart

Try something like

= -Match(response_level1,'Focus','Collaborate','Network','Develop') *FieldValueCount('ChartDimension') +rank(sum(Value))

where ChartDimension is the field name you use as dimension in your chart and sum(Value) is the expression you are using.

4 Replies
MVP
MVP

Try something like

= -Match(response_level1,'Focus','Collaborate','Network','Develop') *FieldValueCount('ChartDimension') +rank(sum(Value))

where ChartDimension is the field name you use as dimension in your chart and sum(Value) is the expression you are using.

Not applicable

Hi swuehl, that's the answer! - I had to reverse the order of the response level to get the chart to work in the right order.

= -Match(response_level1,'Develop','Network','Collaborate','Focus') *FieldValueCount('percentsplit') +rank(sum(percentsplit))

Just setting the colours to match and it's done.

Thanks

Rob

MVP
MVP

Ah, yes, I think removing the first minus sign should also correct for the right sorting:

= Match(response_level1,'Focus','Collaborate','Network','Develop')*FieldValueCount('ChartDimension') +rank(sum(Value))

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable

Yes that did it, good to know.

Thanks

Rob

Community Browser