Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wschefter
Contributor II
Contributor II

Advice creating a graph for two field using distinct and multiple fields in that expression.

Hi all;

Here is what I am trying to do:  I need to create a graph for a single expression, in this case "Order Reason", but only for 2 of the 12 fields in that expression.  I know I can use a filter pane but our executive staff will be reviewing this data and I don't think they need to use a filter pane to get the data quickly.  They don't have the time. 

I have tried writing the following querey:   count([{SetExpression}] [DISTINCT] [TOTAL [<fld {,fld}>]] expr])

Expression:  Order Reason

fld:  Tool/Upgrade Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)

fld:  Spares Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Will S

Here is the full list of fields within the expression:

Order Reason
Damaged by FSE During Installation
Normal Wear and Tear
Other
Part Lost / Misplaced by FSE
Part Mis-Ordered by FSE
Part Missing from Spares Order
Part Missing From Tool Shipment
Received Spare Part Damaged
Received Tool/Upgrade with Damaged Part
Spares Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)
Tool/Upgrade Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)

Wrong from Previous Spares Order

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
binujose1982
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Please give filter in Dimension.

if([Order Reason] = 'Spares Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)' or [Order Reason] = 'Tool/Upgrade Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)' , [Order Reason], null())

Also check the 'Suppress When Value is null' checkbox in Dimension tab.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand, but do you have a field called Order Reason which can have 12 possible values and you want to only Count where the values is one of the two you listed? May be this

Count({<[Order Reason] = {'Tool/Upgrade Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)', 'Spares Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)'}>} Measure)

wschefter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sunny;

Thanks for replying.  You are correct in your thinking, I probably just didn't write it correctly.  Within the expression Order Reason I am looking at only pulling the count for Tool/Upgrade Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days) and Spares Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days).

I copied the formula (query?) and my results gave me a graph that had a zero count for both fields and a graph that had range of -10 to 10.  I have hopefully pasted in a picture of the results I am getting.

Like I said, thank you for replying, the help is greatly appreciated.

Will

sunny_talwar

What expression are you using?

wschefter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sorry for the slow reply.  I am using Order Reason​ for the expression.

binujose1982
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Please give filter in Dimension.

if([Order Reason] = 'Spares Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)' or [Order Reason] = 'Tool/Upgrade Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)' , [Order Reason], null())

Also check the 'Suppress When Value is null' checkbox in Dimension tab.

wschefter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks everyone for your help.  Both answers got me to what I needed to do.  I appreciate the help greatly.