Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wschefter
Contributor II
Contributor II

Advice creating a graph for two field using distinct and multiple fields in that expression.

Hi all;

Here is what I am trying to do:  I need to create a graph for a single expression, in this case "Order Reason", but only for 2 of the 12 fields in that expression.  I know I can use a filter pane but our executive staff will be reviewing this data and I don't think they need to use a filter pane to get the data quickly.  They don't have the time. 

I have tried writing the following querey:   count([{SetExpression}] [DISTINCT] [TOTAL [<fld {,fld}>]] expr])

Expression:  Order Reason

fld:  Tool/Upgrade Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)

fld:  Spares Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Will S

Here is the full list of fields within the expression:

Order Reason
Damaged by FSE During Installation
Normal Wear and Tear
Other
Part Lost / Misplaced by FSE
Part Mis-Ordered by FSE
Part Missing from Spares Order
Part Missing From Tool Shipment
Received Spare Part Damaged
Received Tool/Upgrade with Damaged Part
Spares Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)
Tool/Upgrade Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)

Wrong from Previous Spares Order

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
binujose1982
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Please give filter in Dimension.

if([Order Reason] = 'Spares Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)' or [Order Reason] = 'Tool/Upgrade Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)' , [Order Reason], null())

Also check the 'Suppress When Value is null' checkbox in Dimension tab.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand, but do you have a field called Order Reason which can have 12 possible values and you want to only Count where the values is one of the two you listed? May be this

Count({<[Order Reason] = {'Tool/Upgrade Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)', 'Spares Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)'}>} Measure)

wschefter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sunny;

Thanks for replying.  You are correct in your thinking, I probably just didn't write it correctly.  Within the expression Order Reason I am looking at only pulling the count for Tool/Upgrade Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days) and Spares Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days).

I copied the formula (query?) and my results gave me a graph that had a zero count for both fields and a graph that had range of -10 to 10.  I have hopefully pasted in a picture of the results I am getting.

Like I said, thank you for replying, the help is greatly appreciated.

Will

sunny_talwar

What expression are you using?

wschefter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Sorry for the slow reply.  I am using Order Reason​ for the expression.

binujose1982
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Please give filter in Dimension.

if([Order Reason] = 'Spares Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)' or [Order Reason] = 'Tool/Upgrade Part Failed On Install (w/in 30 days)' , [Order Reason], null())

Also check the 'Suppress When Value is null' checkbox in Dimension tab.

wschefter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks everyone for your help.  Both answers got me to what I needed to do.  I appreciate the help greatly.