Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

Alert

Hi guys,

I've attached a qvw.

I am trying to create an alert that will do the following

data from 2016-10

sum( {2016-10data }) [record count])

and then i am doing an average of the 6 months before

=Sum( {<

[Fiscal Year Month]= {">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Date#([Fiscal Year Month], 'YYYY-MM'), -6), 'YYYY-MM'))

<=$(=Date(AddMonths(Date#([Fiscal Year Month], 'YYYY-MM'), -1), 'YYYY-MM'))" }

>}  

[Record Count]) which will give me Apr-Sept and then divide this by 6 to give me an average.

I will then divide the 2016-10 data by this average.

At the bottom of my front page, you will see my attempt at getting the 6 months of data. I can get the dates Apr and Sept but its not giving me the actual sum ( {<the 6 months>} [record count])

I am then going to build my alert afterwards if i can get this average figure.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

=Sum({<Country, [Fiscal Year Month]= {"=Date#(Only({<[Fiscal Year Month]>}[Fiscal Year Month]), 'YYYY-MM') >= AddMonths(Today(), -7) and Date#(Only({<[Fiscal Year Month]>}[Fiscal Year Month]), 'YYYY-MM') <= AddMonths(Today(), -2)"}>} [Record Count])

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

=Sum({<Country, [Fiscal Year Month]= {"=Date#(Only({<[Fiscal Year Month]>}[Fiscal Year Month]), 'YYYY-MM') >= AddMonths(Today(), -7) and Date#(Only({<[Fiscal Year Month]>}[Fiscal Year Month]), 'YYYY-MM') <= AddMonths(Today(), -2)"}>} [Record Count])

sunny_talwar

I also suggest looking into these thread to fix your Fiscal Year Month which is read as a text right now

Why don’t my dates work?

Get the Dates Right

Dates in Set Analysis