Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

All user warning of probem and prevent acess until resolved.

Hi!

When we have an issue at night that corrupts our data. I would like to know a way to put a message and block access to all my dashboard until I fix the issue.

Is there an easy way to do this in the console or somewhere else?

QlikView version 11.20

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

As far as my knowledge there is no option from the console. But top of my head I think the below should work:

1) Create a variable called "BlockUser" and set it to 1 <-- you can create this variable in a excel file

2) In your script load the variable file (Step 1) first

3) If BlockUser =1  <--1  means  don't block user

Then run your normal script

Else

BlockUser=0   <-- 0 means block user

4) Now in your dashboard create a textbox and adjust the size, so that it covers your entire dashboard and put  a condition to show this text box if BlockUser=0

So when you know the data is corrupted, then go to the excel file and update the variable BlockUser to 0 and run the task. Doing that it will not run your script based on the above IF() condition but sets the variable BlockUser to 0. Now after the task is completed if you open the dashboard then the text box with message will popup.

Hope you got the idea...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Are these dashboards on Access Point ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

As far as my knowledge there is no option from the console. But top of my head I think the below should work:

1) Create a variable called "BlockUser" and set it to 1 <-- you can create this variable in a excel file

2) In your script load the variable file (Step 1) first

3) If BlockUser =1  <--1  means  don't block user

Then run your normal script

Else

BlockUser=0   <-- 0 means block user

4) Now in your dashboard create a textbox and adjust the size, so that it covers your entire dashboard and put  a condition to show this text box if BlockUser=0

So when you know the data is corrupted, then go to the excel file and update the variable BlockUser to 0 and run the task. Doing that it will not run your script based on the above IF() condition but sets the variable BlockUser to 0. Now after the task is completed if you open the dashboard then the text box with message will popup.

Hope you got the idea...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Got it.

I also found in the console , on the access point menu, I can put a message. And it shows in RED in the message to everyone accessing it.