cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Allow scrolling

Hopefully this question will make sense.

My client wants a dashboard with 9 sheets.  The number of charts will vary from sheet to sheet and as a result some of the sheets need to be larger than other sheets to accommodate all of the content. 

So the sheets that have more content will need to scroll so that the charts are large enough for the user to see them comfortably.  The ones that don't have as much content do not need to scroll.

I don't see any way to control this kind of visualization.  I am thinking that I may need to just make all of the sheets as large as the largest sheet requirement.  Or maybe this can't be done in QlikView?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

I think you don't need to worry about scroll, Qlik will handle it intelligently based on the no of charts and their positions in your sheets.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Maybe it is because of the way we have created our dashboards.  I am not using the entire sheet to display the content.  We have a defined white area where we place any content. 

So I am guessing that we have limited ourselves to what will fit in this white area.

If the white area is the same on each sheet then that is all we have to work with no matter how many charts and we can not force any kind of scrolling to make that area seem bigger.  I would just need to make the charts smaller so that they all fit.

I am thinking that my only option would be to make the white area bigger on the sheets that need it.  But I am not sure what that will look like as the user changes from sheet to sheet.  I don't think it will have the desired affect.

Digvijay_Singh

Yes, your white area length and width will need to worry based on the volume of visual objects you have in different sheets. Ultimately customer needs to sign-off the look and feel else you would need to compact your charts based on available space. Their is a maximizer button on each chart which can be used to see the bigger look. But everything is based on what customer would like to have from these available options.