Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Allow user to change aggregations in a straight table

I have a straight table that a user can select which dimensions and metrics will be shown in the straight table. The totals are by the expression. The user would like to switch between a sum and an avg depending on which metrics they choose. Is there an easy way to let them do this since they will not be able to access chart properties? Perhaps a quick toggle?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I ended up having to create another expression so the original is SUM() the new one is AVG(). There is not a way to group it based on my other requirements so unfortunately they are listed separately. This would be a great feature in a new release - to allow the user to specify and switch between different aggregations.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

switch the total (sum / avg) or switch the expression?

MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe using expression grouping to switch between different expressions using a button in the chart header?:

QlikCommunity_Thread_178948_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_178948_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_178948_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_178948_Pic4.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Both

Not applicable
Author

This is a great idea and would work except I cannot change the properties of the group itself including adding a conditional statement which I have on the expressions but would like to have for the group too. For some reason those options get grayed out.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Mary,

Please close the thread by selecting Correct Answer and Helpful Answer if you get the solution.

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I will when do. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

I ended up having to create another expression so the original is SUM() the new one is AVG(). There is not a way to group it based on my other requirements so unfortunately they are listed separately. This would be a great feature in a new release - to allow the user to specify and switch between different aggregations.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

PFA

MarcoWedel

You could as well use the same show condition on all grouped expressions to turn the group on/off:

QlikCommunity_Thread_178948_Pic5.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_178948_Pic6.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_178948_Pic7.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_178948_Pic8.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco