Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II

Alternative display for an expression?

Hi, 

In my first combo chart i was able to display weekends simply with the expression "Count({<[Day of the week]={'Saturday','Sunday'}>}[Day of the week])". This allowed us to easily see on the run chart where the weekends were.

1.jpeg

However now i need to use the bar chart element to display the numbers of people still on the unit. Which gives me this graph:

2.jpeg

What i need to be able to do though is still easily identify weekends on the graph. Any ideas?

(oh, and while i'm here, any idea why the second graph has big gaps to the left and right of the 'dimension' axis?)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Not sure about the gaps on the side, but another idea to show the weekends is to conditionally color the line chart for those days using a color expression in the background color like:
if([Day of the week]='Saturday' or [Day of the week]='Sunday', red(), blue())

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Not sure about the gaps on the side, but another idea to show the weekends is to conditionally color the line chart for those days using a color expression in the background color like:
if([Day of the week]='Saturday' or [Day of the week]='Sunday', red(), blue())
peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That's fantastic, thank you. I'd never seen that before but its a good alternative to what i was trying to do.

I don't suppose there's a way of being able to demonstrate the colours on the legend is there? I know that some people may have difficulty understanding why it changes colour.

I also guess i can mess around with the hue and so on with some RGB coding?

and one final thing.....

over a certain selection the date dimension starts to only show every other label for the dates, anyway to stop it doing that?

Thanks.