Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shamiul_islam
Contributor III
Contributor III

Animated Chart showing in Web Server?

Hi Guys, I have an animated chart in my QV desktop and it works fine, the problem is that when I upload the application, the animated chart does not work, neither the play bar appears, does any body know something about this? Is this problem related with IE plugin?

Any help would be really helpful.

Thank you all.

9 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Some objects, specifically extensions, but likely others, only play in Web View.  Try open the app on the Access Point in Full Browser Version mode and see if the chart works.

Full Browser.png

Good luck,

Nate

shamiul_islam
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks But this animated file doesn't work in the browser

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is this an extension or Add-on?  If so, is the same extension uploaded to your Qlik Server?

Nate

shamiul_islam
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is an extension and uploaded in Qlikview Server

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I'm sure you have probably done this, but have you made sure that the QMC allows Extensions?  This setting is found in the attached image.  QMC Extension.png

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Also, not sure if this is needed, but have you added the extension to the Active Extension list?

QV Doc Extensions.png

shamiul_islam
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks but I can't find the extension tab on my document properties. Where can I find this?

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

In the QlikView app, go to Settings, then Document Properties.  From there, you should see a tab called Extensions.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Lastly, please note that Extension objects only run under the Ajax client as well, they will not work under the IE Plugin client.  You should have the Desktop Client running in Web View mode when you are working with things as well, if you turn that off, it should stop working there as well, just FYI.

If the issue was the Extension not being properly configured, please give credit to those that suggested that...

Help for Doc Properties\Extensions:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Document_Proper...

Help for adding Extensions to QlikView Server:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.