Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Animated Scatter Chart with Map - Move from point to point

Wizards,

I'm trying to create an animated scatter chart to show how a vessel moves from one point to another on a port and to show how long it is spending at each position to analyse when there is a clog or too much traffic.

Problem I'm having is that each point returns to zero when I play the animation - so instead of going from lets say zonetype (dimension) to the other, the dot returns to zero and then readjusts itself to the next zonetype associated with its name.

Attaching the QVW with the sample data for you to assess.

For example if you look at vessel 'Toll Emperor' currently resets to zero everytime there is a change in zone type rather than moving from one to the next.

Any suggestions / help / reccomendations for making this better, would be extremely welcome.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why have you added zonetype as dimension to the scatter chart? It looks ok if you leave it out.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Osama - I am not a QlikView expert but I will bump this up the chain.

Anyone in the Qlik Community can you please take a loo at this thread?

*BUMP*

Hi stalwar1 - is this in your area of expertise?

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@mentioning some of our MVP's to assist here.

rwunderlichgwassenaarstalwar1ashfaq_haseeb

Hopefully they can help get us going here.

Best, Sara

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why have you added zonetype as dimension to the scatter chart? It looks ok if you leave it out.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you!

Any idea if it is possible to show moving vessels on a Google Maps extension? Perhaps using a slider?

Secondly, why is only one dot showing in the animation at a time and not multiple vessels which might be perhaps berthed/moving at the same time?

Thanks!