Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Any way to change color of an image based on numeric range?

I have created a text object, and imported an image into it - a county map of Texas that is transparent, black outlines of the state and counties. I then imported individual images of all the counties (each its own object). I also have a separate List Box of counties that the user can select from to retrieve county specific data. When counties are selected in the List Box they will also appear on the County map. The default color of the counties is blue. Is there a way to make this color variable? So if, for instance, we are looking at population, and want to show, say, 10 categories - 0-29,999, 30,000 - 59,999, etc.- each a different color or shade of a color, is there a way to do that?

3 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Russell,

in the listbox, no. But in the text_objects, certainly - in textboxes as in all types of charts, there is the possibility of selecting a radiobutton "expression" for the colour and entering any expression you want.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

It's the irregular shaped image within the text object that I want to change color - the image I am using for the background. I see that I can adjust its transparency under Properties/General/Background (see attached). But I would prefer it to happen dynamically depending on the data. So smaller quantity = lighter color, larger quantity = darker color - going from light to dark depending on the quantity. Much like what you see on a weather map showing precipitation amounts, etc.

Any possibility of pulling this off in QlikView?

Thanks!

Colin-Albert