Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Anyone working on HCAHPS data from Press Ganey in Qlik

Hello,

My colleagues and I are trying to implement a "Patient Satisfaction" Qlik dashboard using Press Ganey data.

We are able to get .xml files uploaded but we are challenged on how to present some of this data.

Has anyone else here worked on this and would be willing to share some "best practices"?

Appreciate any help!

Regards,

Karen

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hey Karen,

do you already have the data in a database of some sort? we have our PG data  upload weekly to a database then run a few queries to create a datamart which i attach to. How did you parse the XML tables and what structure? are you able to obtain scores of some sort and are just curious about the visualization piece?

FYI...i am using Tableau but i like getting ideas from any visualization vendor...

thanks

gs

Not applicable
Author

Hello George,

Thanks so much for your reply.

Press-Ganey provides us with the xml files that we are uploading into a Qlikview document; we do not yet have the benchmarking data but hopefully will be able to contract with them to get this.

I'd be really interested, if you would like to share and/or advise, what queries you are using to organize the Press-Ganey domains and then within the domains, the individual questions/statements.

Also, if you are showing summary data with a capability to drill-down to individual providers and patients.

Please feel free to reach out - we'd love to know more about your process even though we are using different systems.

Kind regards,

Karen

chaudhariv
Partner - Contributor III

Hi I am also working on Press Ganey Dashboard. If someone can share the visualizations and analysis that would be greatful.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hello Vasim,

Sorry I've not visited the forum in awhile.

We finally have our data in three separate .qvd files based upon xml data provided by PG (still waiting on benchmarking)

Now is the challenging part with the scripting in order to analyze each question...

We downloaded the free Qlik "Physician Performance Scorecard.qvw" which has really nice visualizations (if you cannot locate I will share).

What I'd like to get to is being able to look at the Likert scales of "Always", "Usually", "Sometimes" and "Never" (4, 3, 2, 1) and show out of 4, how the question ranks (e.g. 3.5 / 4).

I've been able to show the percentages for each of these for a given question but have not figured out the above as yet...

I'm trying to see if I may tweak this formula: if(Var_Response = 'CMS_1' and Value_Response = 'Always', 4
if(Var_Response = 'CMS_1' and Value_Response = 'Usually', 3
if(Var_Response = 'CMS_1' and Value_Response = 'Sometimes', 2
if(Var_Response = 'CMS_1' and Value_Response = 'Never', 1
))))

Please reach out with any suggestions or if you would like more information.

Regards,

Karen

chaudhariv

Hey Karen,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the below formula but I am not sure if I am putting all the values with their relevant numbers.

if(Match(VALUE,'Strongly Agree','Always','Yes','Definitely yes'),4,

if(Match(VALUE,'Agree','Usually','Probably yes'),3,

if(Match(VALUE,'Disagree','Sometimes','Probably no'),2,

if(Match(VALUE,'StronglyDisagree','Never','No','Definitely no'),1))))

And I was wondering how you are treating the questions which says 'if 'yes' then go to question 'x'' thing?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hey Vasim,

Thanks for your reply!

I'm working on the formula below to get percentages on the domain scores.

Haven't attempted the "skip pattern" questions yet but will let you know.

sum(if(Survey_Variable = 'CMS_1' and Survey_Value = 'Always', 4))/(sum(if(Survey_Variable = 'CMS_1' and Survey_Value = 'Always', 4)) +sum(if(Survey_Variable = 'CMS_1' and Survey_Value = 'Usually', 3)) +sum(if(Survey_Variable = 'CMS_1' and Survey_Value = 'Sometimes', 2)) +sum(if(Survey_Variable = 'CMS_1' and Survey_Value = 'Never', 1)))

Regards,

Karen