Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keerthika
Creator II
Creator II

Api connector

Hi All,

I'm having some set of Excel files contains data, i need to load that Excel data into Qlikview by doing some filters using Api connector.

Give me some ideas

Thanks,

keke

5 Replies
vunguyenq89
Creator III
Creator III

Why do you need to connect to Excel files via an API connector? QlikView can read Excel files directly. You can also add filters using a WHERE clause.

For example:

LOAD Product,

Salesman,

Quantity

FROM

(biff, embedded labels, table is [Sample-spreadsheet-file$])

WHERE Quantity > 40000;

keerthika
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Iam having bunch of excel files for each year , instead of fetching data from DB i need to fetch from Excel , so for that i thought API connector may help

vunguyenq89
Creator III
Creator III

Then you can leverage the default "Excel File" ODBC connection to dynamically load multiple Excel files.

Check these articles:

Dynamically Loading Multiple Excel Files

Loading Multiple Excel Sheets Dynamically along with file name and sheet name

keerthika
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Yes, you are correct but here my challenge is, there is no column name specification in excel file i need to find the column names using data from the excel so here which way i need to go.. Can you pls give me some idea to proceed

Thanks,

keke

vunguyenq89
Creator III
Creator III

I don't quite understand the requirements - does it means you need to load multiple Excel files, but don't know in advance how many columns and column names in each Excel file?

Some screenshots/ sample files may better clarify what you're trying to do.