Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Application help - Selection of month to 2 different data set

Hi Community,

I am relatively new to Qlikview and have only been experimenting this for the past month. I am trying to create an application such that the objective is to observe the Orders received and Revenue received for a selected month/months. The challenge here is that I have 2 different columns of dates, one for the order date and one for the revenue date. Is it possible that the month selected can be applicable to both section and sieve out both data. I have looked through various resources online but am unable to find similar answer to my problem.

I have attached my data for easy reference.

Thank so much for the help

Cheers

Adam

7 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

use Concatenate to concat both the table.

or try with outer join also

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Try like

load Order_id,

Order_Date as Date,

Sales_amt

From table1;

join

load Order_id,

Revenue_date as Date,

Revenue_Received

From table1;

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
chrislofthouse
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

There are a few methods you can try but largely it depends on your reporting requirements. If you are not looking to report on these in a single view, you could create two calendars, one for each and use a link table to join them.

Or you can create a calendar for each and an additional master calendar and use set analysis or triggers to create an 'artificial' link.

Or you can do as attached, please note I haven't removed the synthetic key as its just a quick go.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Max,

Thanks for the help. The solution is short and sweet.

This is indeed a very good platform for me to start learning about Qlikview.

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the help and time to do up the example. Highly appreciated.

One more question, to remove the synthetic key, do I create a composite key with profit center and date?

How should I load it since the date is a changed field?

Thanks

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

See this excellent article on how to handle date scenarios like yours:

Canonical Date

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
chrislofthouse
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

This is one way.