cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
financialzone
Contributor II
Contributor II

Applying a list box to multiple alternate states

Hello, I have a pivot table that has 3 columns - each with a different alternate state.  I want to filter the results in all 3 columns further, using a list box, but I don't know how to apply a listbox to all 3 alternate states. I would appreciate any help on this.

Thank you.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cbushey1
Creator III
Creator III

You can specify in your calculation which Alternate States selections can influence the expression. Say you wanted to get the sum of sales where the alternate state had a name of 'Prior'. You would write it like this: SUM({[Prior]} Sales). Now if you wanted to take the intersection between selections made in the 'Prior' state and the default state you would write it like this: SUM({[Prior]*$} Sales). Adding the * and the $ means you want the intersection of the Alternate State 'Prior' and alternate state '$' or default.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
cbushey1
Creator III
Creator III

You can specify in your calculation which Alternate States selections can influence the expression. Say you wanted to get the sum of sales where the alternate state had a name of 'Prior'. You would write it like this: SUM({[Prior]} Sales). Now if you wanted to take the intersection between selections made in the 'Prior' state and the default state you would write it like this: SUM({[Prior]*$} Sales). Adding the * and the $ means you want the intersection of the Alternate State 'Prior' and alternate state '$' or default.

financialzone
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much Cbushey1.  This worked perfectly!