Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Assign users to Session CALs

Hi everybody,

is it possible to specify which users are allowed to use a specific session cal?

Thanks for any reply.

Rico

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

according to the server / publisher manual it is only possible to assign named CAL or Document CAL to specific user (and allow / disallow dynamic allocation for non assigned CAL).

See chapter 10 and 19 please.

In chapter 19.3, there is also the order of priority listed, when assigning CALS and different types are available.

Maybe you can use a named CAL for your purpose?

It sounds to me that you want to create a group of users which share a session CAL, and this CAL is assigned to only that group. I don't think that this is possible.

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

according to the server / publisher manual it is only possible to assign named CAL or Document CAL to specific user (and allow / disallow dynamic allocation for non assigned CAL).

See chapter 10 and 19 please.

In chapter 19.3, there is also the order of priority listed, when assigning CALS and different types are available.

Maybe you can use a named CAL for your purpose?

It sounds to me that you want to create a group of users which share a session CAL, and this CAL is assigned to only that group. I don't think that this is possible.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

thanks for the quick reply.

"It sounds to me that you want to create a group of users which share a session CAL, and this CAL is assigned to only that group. I don't think that this is possible."

You're right, that's exactly what i wanted to do.

Unfortunately it seems to be impossible.

Anyway thanks again.

Regards,

Rico