Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Associate launch trigger with a value in a field

Hi,

I can associate launch trigger with a button but want to know if it is possible to associate a launch trigger to open an external file e.g. Word or PDF with a value in a listbox?

Many thanks.

4 Replies
bgerchikov
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

You can launch a trigger as follows:

Settings--> Document Properties --> Triggers --> Field Event Trigger. Then select the field and proceed the same way as a botton.

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

Yes I know and have tried to do excatly same as you are saying but it didn't work that's why I put this question up on community site. I attach an example file.

Can you get it worked??e.g. when you select File A - it opens a file, select File B  and it would open another file and so on..

bgerchikov
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If it doesn't work for you, try to use Info functionality.

in Rob Wunderlich cookbook (http://robwunderlich.com/downloads/) it used to launch QVW files from the listbox. It works very well.

Hope this will help

Not applicable
Author

Launching trigger works with a button that is not a problem but when I use launch trigger on a value in a field it doesn't work. I am trying to open an external document when a user selects a value in a field. Is it feasible?