Did you mean: 
Gopi_E
Creator II
Creator II

Auto adjust qvw dashboard based on screen resolution

Hi Qlikers,

Happy New Year!!

@sunny_talwar 

Is there any solution to make auto adjust qvw dashboard based on screen resolution without using macros.

Please give me any idea, thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Gopi, I am pretty sure the only option for your use case is going to be a document extension that runs the code when the app is opened to set the correct resolution, as in Ajax Client, there is no 'real' client, everything processes server-side, so whatever you do has to be triggered there, and the doc extension is the only way of which I am aware that would work.  This will kick things back up, but I am doubtful anyone is going to have another solution to this one.  The thing I do not know is if someone has already done the extension to save you some time there, but it sounded like you would not be able to use an extension, and if that is the case, then I am not sure how you are going to do things other than folks adjusting the browser settings.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Gopi, in the Ajax side of things, you would need to do this via a Document Extension I believe.  Here is a link to the Help area that relates to Extensions, I am not sure if anyone has done one already or not, I would have to imagine someone may have, but not sure.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2019/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/QV_Extensions...

This would be the only way via the Ajax Client to do things as far as I am aware.  You can also check the following site, you may find something there:

https://market.qlik.com/

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Gopi_E
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi kush, 

Thanks for the input.

We are using Ajax, so this macro is not working in access point. Can you please tell me is there any way like,

can I define record of screen sizes for getting auto adjust for those screens . 

Please tell me is there any way to do this

Thanks in advance

Gopi_E
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Brettblees,

Thanks for the input,

You were right, in Ajax this macro did not work,we are facing this problem now. and here we are not supposed to add extensions.

Can we do another way?

Thanks in advance 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Gopi, I am pretty sure the only option for your use case is going to be a document extension that runs the code when the app is opened to set the correct resolution, as in Ajax Client, there is no 'real' client, everything processes server-side, so whatever you do has to be triggered there, and the doc extension is the only way of which I am aware that would work.  This will kick things back up, but I am doubtful anyone is going to have another solution to this one.  The thing I do not know is if someone has already done the extension to save you some time there, but it sounded like you would not be able to use an extension, and if that is the case, then I am not sure how you are going to do things other than folks adjusting the browser settings.

Regards,
Brett