Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeanique
Contributor
Contributor

Auto update web files

Hi all

I have created a Qlikview document that shows the exchange rate per country. I have added this as a web file in the script and I need to update this without having to run the script every time. Is there anyone who could assist me in maybe using incremental load to update a web file? (P.S. This is the website I am using www.xe.com/currencytables/?from=ZAR)

Thank you

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I suggest that you upload a sample of your qvw document with some representative data to allow more relevant and specific assistance. There is a wealth of information on how to use incremental loads.

But I am not sure that it is really necessary for exchange rate files which will usually be quite small extracts - unless the rates in that web site are spot values for the current day only and you would like to build up a history.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Gysbert_Wassenaar

An incremental load will still need an execution of the script. So will a partial reload. I don't think you can get around that unless you want to mess around with Dynamic Update. But you could look into a partial reload and use a Replace Load to replace only the data in the currency table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand