Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automatically setting slider variable when selections are made

Dear Community

I work at a University and I'm currently doing a QV-app on our students. I've encountered a problem with some sliders I'm doing on our students that drop out and our students that finishes up with a degree.

I need to calculate what the number of dropouts costs us as well the amount of money we earn in added bonus for our students, that finishes their education on time.

The calculation itself is no problem, but the University consists of five campuses, and whenever I select between them in the selection box, I need the marker (thumb tack) on the slider to automatically reset to the actual level (named "Actual") for each campus.

Right now I can't see how I solve this problem, so I made a "Reset all" button, the user has to activate each time he/she selects a new campus. That's not very user-friendly, so I would really appreciate if somebody had a solution to the problem.

The solution I'm looking for is exactly what the "Reset all" button does, but it should be done automatically, whenever a new campus is selected (Simulated = Actual in the app, as well as Total simulated added income is 0) 

I attached the QV-app so you can see for yourself

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Bruno

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I found the answer by accident   Turns out that in "Document Properties" under the tabrow "Triggers", it's possible to set actions/triggers on something called Trigger document event on  "OnAnySelect". That does the trick

10 points for me then

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I found the answer by accident   Turns out that in "Document Properties" under the tabrow "Triggers", it's possible to set actions/triggers on something called Trigger document event on  "OnAnySelect". That does the trick

10 points for me then

Cheers