Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

BadZip File Script Error

Hello everyone,

I am working on a project where all data bases come from SharePoint and the QVW is in a server.

While running my script i receive the "BadZip File" script error.

Anyone knows how to fix this error?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That sounds like you're trying to load a file that you think is an ms-excel .xlsx file, but actually isn't. I suggest you make sure that the files your trying to load data from really are what you expect them to be.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That sounds like you're trying to load a file that you think is an ms-excel .xlsx file, but actually isn't. I suggest you make sure that the files your trying to load data from really are what you expect them to be.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, i am trying to load a file that is a ms-excel .xlsx and i am sure the file i am trying to load data is a xslx.

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, Qlikview disagrees with you. So whatever Qlikview is reading is not a real xlsx file, no matter what extension that file has. Download that file, rename it so it gets a .zip extension and try to extract its contents to a folder. If that does not work then it's not an xlsx file. Xslx files are zip compressed.

Not applicable
Author

I found what was wrong.

The file was named as "Name_File.xslx.xslx", so QlikView was not understanding what was the type of file.

Thanks for your tip.

Regards