cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tenyeapen
Contributor
Contributor

Bar Chart - Null Feilds

In a bar chart i have to select data from 2 feilds namely year and month. but if i select year 2019 and month december (this search doesnt have any value), the chart will show the value for all decmeber cases in theprevious months. How to avoid this?

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Could you share your sample app that demonstrates the issue/behavior?
gn_marvs1989
Contributor III
Contributor III

On the Dimension property of your Bar chart, Check on the "Show all value"

2019-02-12_8-16-30.png

tenyeapen
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Below is my chart and when im selecting year 2019 and month December (which no data is there) instead of giving null chart its giving the values for previous years December values which I don't want.

[cid:image001.png@01D4C2D2.D9ED3830]
tenyeapen
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Attached is my chart and when im selecting year 2019 and month December (which no data is there) instead of giving null chart its giving the values for previous years December values which I don’t want.

gn_marvs1989
Contributor III
Contributor III

It is better if you can give us a QVW to check. I am suspecting that it there should be change in the expression.
tenyeapen
Contributor
Contributor
Author

.qvw file attached.

gn_marvs1989
Contributor III
Contributor III

It is because of Qlikview Associative selection. It is normal behavior. Notice the current selection, if you make a selection on Month= December and then select Year=2019, the Month selection will be cleared out.
I suggest you to use a Master Calendar table to have complete Year and Month. This will make you select both Month and Year without clearing each other selections.