cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bar Chart fill

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to fill a bar chart up to a certain point.  Or to have a way to stack a certain value in front.  Here is a sample incorrect that I would like to fulfill:

Table2.png

I would like to fill a different color if possible up to the plan total of 54.5% which would be 97.8% of the overall June value.  If that is not possible, is it possible to put a bar graph in front of June, with the Plan value.  If this is possible please share the syntax how to complete.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hola Justin.

Si lo que quieres es limitar tu gráfica a un solo valor puedes hacerlo en Propiedades>ejes y delimitar tu eje a ese valor o crear una linea de referencia con el valor.

Espero haberte ayudado Saludos!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Perez,

Thank you for the suggestion.  That is an option.  But can we partially fill bars on a bar chart? or is there a way to put a plan % in front of an actual amount?

Not applicable
Author

A ver si te entiendo, lo que quieres hacer es graficar tu porcentaje real y solo mostrar tu porcentaje planeado, estoy en lo correcto!?

MarcoWedel

Hi,

you could use stacked bar charts with the difference between actual and plan values stacked on top of the plan value

->  plan + (actual-plan) = actual

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Marco and Perez,

Thank you for the suggestions.  Since the difference in this example is so small, the stacked bar does not look good.  What I would be looking for would be a way to fill the bar color up to a certain point.  I know how to change the color of the bar graph in total, but is there a way to color a portion based off of a function?

Say I wanted to change the color of the above bar graph to green I would put in green().  If I wanted to use an if statement to change it only if the value is over 1, then I would use an if statement.  Is there a way to use an if statement or other formula to color a bar for only 60%, and have the rest of the bar the original color?  Or is there a better way to stack given user requirements?