Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar Chart with Static X Axis (Months)

I have a table of data

SalesGuyDateSales
Person A1/1/2012

Person B1/2/201232
Person C2/1/2012423
Person A3/1/2012234

etc

I have a bar chart which shows the total sales for each month, with Month(Date) as the Dimension, and Sum(Sales) as an expression. It looks good!

But I want this chart to change when i click a ListBox of my SalesGuys, so it shows the clicked persons sales. Problem is, if SalesGuy A doesnt sell anything in March, the months will redraw as JFAMJJASOND, when I want JFMAMJJASOND and 0 for March. Its not obvious that the month has been omitted.

Hoe can I fix this, to force all months to be shown?

I have tried "Show All Values" and Surpressing nulls etc with no luck.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I fixed it, perhaps it was a basic question.

I had to add Month(Date) as OffMonth to the script. Using that as my dimension, as opposed to Month (Date) works fine.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try Unchecking "Suppress Zero-Values" under Presentation tab. Thats the only other thing I can think of.

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

See attached, is this what you are looking for ?

In addition to what Sandeep recommends you also need to check "Show all values" check box for the dimension.

Best Regards,

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Unchecking "Suppress Zero-Values" in Presentation tab works perfect.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

I fixed it, perhaps it was a basic question.

I had to add Month(Date) as OffMonth to the script. Using that as my dimension, as opposed to Month (Date) works fine.

Not applicable
Author

Hello, I know this is a older post, but I have a Question.

When I try to use a average trend line in your archive, this is the result:3-19-2013 9-36-50 AM.png

Why this happens?, the total result is divided by 4 and not by 3 (January, February, March).

Is there a way that takes only the number of values ​​that really exist?.