I have the data as shown below,

FieldCustomerID
AC11
BC22
CC13
DC21

Expected Output:

Screenshot_20.png

I want the no. of Fields which has same IDs. Both fields have same IDs but from different customers in the above bar chart.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

try below

sum(AGGR(if(Count({<Customer>}DISTINCT TOTAL <ID> Customer)>1,1,0),Field,Customer,ID))

To understand how its working do the below

Use ID as Dimension and below expression to count how many times the ID field is Repeated for different customer

=Count({<Customer>}DISTINCT  TOTAL  Customer)

So using

Count({<Customer>}DISTINCT TOTAL <ID> Customer)>1     << gives us the same view by ID field

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

sum(AGGR(if(Count(DISTINCT TOTAL <ID> Customer)>1,1,0),Customer,ID))

Vineeth Pujari
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Also you have close your earlier Thread!!

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Vineeth Pujari
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vineeth, It's working.. but when I make a selection in Customer, there is no value in the chart. Could you please explain this expression in detail?

I couldn't understand it.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

try below

sum(AGGR(if(Count({<Customer>}DISTINCT TOTAL <ID> Customer)>1,1,0),Field,Customer,ID))

To understand how its working do the below

Use ID as Dimension and below expression to count how many times the ID field is Repeated for different customer

=Count({<Customer>}DISTINCT  TOTAL  Customer)

So using

Count({<Customer>}DISTINCT TOTAL <ID> Customer)>1     << gives us the same view by ID field

Vineeth Pujari
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Vineeth. But I have one more doubt on this.

Assume instead of using this expression in charts directly (in run time), I store this expression in the script using SET or LET function in a variable.

Now could you tell me which method will take loading issues in the front end from below,

1. Writing expressions in the charts directly - first data will be fetched into the model and then the expression will be processed.

2. Store those expressions in the script using SET or LET functions - Expressions are processed and will be stored in memory.

please say which method is preferable and also please intimate whether above mentioned 2 points are correct.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also Vineeth, I need to know whether this expression can be done as a dimension by script wise rather than an expression.