Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Behaviour of Calculated Dimension

Hi,

I have created a new calculated dimension using 2 dimension in if statement. For example

=IF(TRIP = 12345 AND CURRENCY = 'USD','US','IN'). I used the straight table chart and 2 rows appeared on the chart. I clicked on US on the chart and it filtered for the US row but when I clicked the US again the filter was not removed and the only way I could remove the filter was to use the clear button. Is this a normal behavior or do anyone of you have answer on how to make this work.

7 Replies
anbu1984
Master III
Master III

Filter should be removed when you clicked field again. Can you provide sample qvw

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, check the actual selection box, you dont have any other selection? none of the selection remove?

put an image or attach the qvd as an example

Not applicable
Author

Anbu,

Please check the attached Qvw. It has 2 rows but when you click on US it will filter to one row but when you Click US again the filter does not get removed.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fernando,

I have attached the QVW in reply to Anbu as you can see the behavior of what I explained.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, see the attached.

it is not a bad behaviour, if you create the dimension calculated will be behave of that way.

always, if you have the possibility , i recommend creating the calculated dimension (flag using "if") in the script, and the in the object you only have to call them and put as a dimension.

see the attach example, and test now, i think that is the correct use

good luck

Fernando

MarcoWedel

Hi,

you could try a listbox with calculated dimension an expression instead:

QlikCommunity_Thread_135266_Pic1.JPG.jpg

QlikCommunity_Thread_135266_Pic2.JPG.jpg

hope this helps

regards

Marco

sakamsureshbabu