Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Bell Curve Problem

Hello,

I am trying to create one bell curve chart.

Can you please help me this. Almost done i mess something.

I followed the  Henric Cronström. Please help me guys.

The graph indicates

X-Axis --> Score

Y-Axis --> is Avg(Score) for bell curve

I want to show only Y-Axis with Auto generated like 0-100 values.

Please help me..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
12 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are you sure your data follow normal distribution? Henric's example uses NormInv() function to create a normal curve.

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Sunny,

I don;t know about that. That's why i posted here. I am new to Bell curve.

Can you please help me on this.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

Not sure , Whether you are looking for something like the attached one ??

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Similar to that,

Some changes required

1) X-Axis should be score

2) Y-Axis is normal distribution from 0 to 100

3) Then expression is similar to Avg(Score, [Normal distribution])  like Bell curve which i show the image beside of my image.

- Anil

vikramv
Creator III
Creator III

You have the data which have scores more than 1000 ....

So If we limit the data in you chart to <= 100 , we can see the possible bell curve as far as I know is attached.

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Vikram,

Yes - Here the curve showing horizontal. How to change this line chart into Vertical. But, i don;t want to effect dim and Expre.

Nice Article.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you only select the values around the average, it looks like a normal distribution. But you have outliers, so without this selection it doesn't look as good.

Image3.png

HIC

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Henric,

Thanks for your response. Here, i want to exclude two values which is from different field. And meantime, Client want to show Y-Axis from 0 to 100 only.

And in my score which mean X-Axis, i have up to 100 only. So, how to achieve this.

I am expecting O/P like this. This graph i created in excel. Is that is possible?

Bell.PNG

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you want something like my diagram, but limited to scores under 100, you should use something like

Round([Score],BinWidth)

as dimension, and

Count ({$<[Score]={"<110"}>} [Score])

as measure for the bars. Then you can add a Normal distribution using e.g.

Only({$<[Score]={"<110"}>} Normdist(Round([Score],BinWidth),Avg({$<[Score]={"<110"}>} total [Score]),Stdev({$<[Score]={"<110"}>} total [Score]), 0)) * BinWidth * Count({$<[Score]={"<110"}>}total [Score])

Binwidth could be 10 or 20 or something like that.

I don't understand your graph. What do the y-values correspond to?

HIC