cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best method to read from SharePoint List on desktop & publisher - urgent

I require some guidance.

1) What is the best method to read from SharePoint lists using Qlikview desktop . What are the steps for this?

2) Which method is best preferred for reading from SharePoint lists when published on publisher. What settings are required to enable QlikView to read from SharePoint lists on Qlikview publisher/Management console.

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rama Sai,

All I want to know is , is it ok to ise the direct link from SharePoint where the list is seen instead of using the link which we build using list guid and view guid.

I just want to know if it's ok to use the direct URL for the SharePoint list that is seen on the web browser in qlikview instead of the RPC Call method. I hope you got my question. Please let me know. It would work like a direct web link.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rama Sai, please reply to this -

Is it ok to use the easy method where we are directly using the SharePoint list url from web browser in qlikview to read the SharePoint list INSTEAD of using the ViewGUID List Guid (RPC Call method) described above. I find the direct link to SharePoint list from web browser easier so I just want to confirm if it is ok to use this method over the RPC Call method.

I am just hoping it will work in Publisher and QMC as well as it will be a direct web link.

Give me your view. awaiting your response.

ramasaisaksoft

Failures are stepping stones for Success!..

Just Try that direct link if it's not work then we already have the other option.So go ahead.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rama Sai, I tried both methods and both failed at Publisher end. Used both html and RPC Call method and both tasks failed at Publisher end. Used the links inside qlikview. It passes at desktop level but fails at QmC publisher level.

I know you mentioned no setting is required at the Publisher. Can you please check with your other friends or tell me based on your experience itself what should be done setting or something whatever is required at the Publisher end to get the task passed. Whatever you did or please find out and let me know. As the task should pass. Awaiting your response. Let me know whatever you find out. Regards

ramasaisaksoft

what error you got in qmc level ?

it is failing means Log file will show error message so share that log file our folks will help to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rama Sai,

I am still getting a error. Task fails on reading SharePoint list using RPc call method.

This is a part from the task file I am pasting here.

error log I am getting is "Error : Invalid at the top le el of the document. On line number 2. On column :11. system ID: owssvr.dll?cmd=Display&XMLDATA=1&RowLimit=0&List={ListGuid}

Invalid at the top level of document. On line number:2. on column number :11. system ID: Same like above. execution failed.

The task is failing at publisher level when connecting to SharePoint list. What needs to be done here for it to pass. My publisher runs on a functional id. I just know that functional id. It has not been given read access to the SharePoint list site and I am also not currently using it to run the task. I am only using my id at the Distribute section. My id has been granted access to read the list at sharepoint and I am using my id in the Distribute so that only I can see this after reload. Please tell me what needs to be done here for the task to pass. Quick response to this would be really helpful. Please find out for me and tell me what am I doing wrong or what am I missing. Please find out tell me.thank you