Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepali_more
Creator
Creator

Binary Load

Hi Friends,

Can you please let me know what all are the things that also gets loaded while doing Binary Load in Qlikview?

will section accesses also gets transfered? Do variables also gets transferred while doing Binary laod?please let me know asap

Thanks a lot!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Binary load  brings only data and no layout.

Variables - No. Section Access - Yes.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Binary load  brings only data and no layout.

Variables - No. Section Access - Yes.

Not applicable

Hi Deepa,

The binary statement is used for loading the data from another QlikView document.

Section access data will be included but it does not load the layout information or variables.

You can get more information in the 'Help' of QlikView

Regards,

Rohan

deepali_more
Creator
Creator
Author

Useful, but may i know the reason..like proper elaboration on this...why variables dont get loaded and section accesses do.

Thanks tresesco

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with Tresescp, Binary Load will fetch:

Data Model , Section Access: Yes

Variables, Layout: No

deepali_more
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Rohan

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Binary Load brings all data and Section access (if any), but it will not load Charts and Variables.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

This is by-design. And my reasoning would be like - binary load is meant for copying solely data that come from  symbol tables and the data tables. QlikView transform the data loaded into two table types: one data table and several symbol tables. Section access being data source, probably gets stored similarly as well (however, the table can't be referenced in the script later on). Variables, layouts are not part of data (internal tables) - hence, they are not copied in binary load. For better understanding, you may refer the great blog post: Symbol Tables and Bit-Stuffed Pointers by Henric. hic

Hope this helps.