I am testing Bookmarks to document how to set them up and use them.
Something is not working right and I wanted to throw this out to the community to see if it is a bug or I am doing something wrong.
Here is our setup.
We have a QVW created. It is published 2 times using a parameter so that each occurrence is for a single client. We use the exact same QVW document for both clients. They can just only see their data.
I create a bookmark and save it in QV desktop. By default on my desktop the document is pointing to one of the clients data (client 1). I save the document and then publish it 2 times.
When I open the dashboard in the access point for client 1 the bookmark is there in the list and it works. When I open the dashboard in the access point for client 2 the bookmark is there in the list and does not work.
I built the bookmark on filters that would apply to both clients.
It would seem to me that since this is a document bookmark that it should work for both.
I don't know if there are any limitations with this - to check you could try it with a simple bookmark, maybe on one common field like year to see if the bookmark fired. If yes then post more details - which fields, expressions and options and so on are used within the bookmark and on which fields worked the section access.