cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Bookmark Question in QV

I am testing Bookmarks to document how to set them up and use them.

Something is not working right and I wanted to throw this out to the community to see if it is a bug or I am doing something wrong.

Here is our setup.

We have a QVW created.  It is published 2 times using a parameter so that each occurrence is for a single client.  We use the exact same QVW document for both clients.  They can just only see their data.

I create a bookmark and save it in QV desktop.  By default on my desktop the document is pointing to one of the clients data (client 1).  I save the document and then publish it 2 times.

When I open the dashboard in the access point for client 1 the bookmark is there in the list and it works.  When I open the dashboard in the access point for client 2 the bookmark is there in the list and does not work.

I built the bookmark on filters that would apply to both clients.

It would seem to me that since this is a document bookmark that it should work for both. 

What am I missing?

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I don't know if there are any limitations with this - to check you could try it with a simple bookmark, maybe on one common field like year to see if the bookmark fired. If yes then post more details - which fields, expressions and options and so on are used within the bookmark and on which fields worked the section access.

- Marcus

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

It actually was a simple bookmark.  I used filters that would apply to the data from both clients.  Like age of member.

It should have worked for both clients.  But only worked for one of them. 

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I have continued to play around with this.  It appears that if I remove the 'Include Layout State' when I save the bookmark that it then does work for both clients.  Does that seem logical?

marcus_sommer

What happens if you create this bookmark within the access point? Further which qv release do you use?

- Marcus